By Kate Hawkins
The Conversation is a website that was established in 2011 in Australia. Its purpose is to enable experts to comment on current affairs and to uphold high standards of journalistic integrity. Their charter expands outlines the principles that underpin their work, they aim to:
- Inform public debate with knowledge-based journalism that is responsible, ethical and supported by evidence.
- Unlock the knowledge of researchers and academics to provide the public with clarity and insight into society’s biggest problems.
- Create an open site for people around the world to share best practices and collaborate on developing smart, sustainable solutions.
- Provide a fact-based and editorially independent forum, free of commercial or political bias.
- Support and foster academic freedom to conduct research, teach, write and publish.
Last week our colleague Barbara McPake had a piece published by the Conversation on “Fixing broken health systems in the aftermath of conflict.” We would like to extend our thanks to the site for featuring us and hope that you will visit their pages, have a browse, and support this important news portal.