Well maybe you won’t learn everything, but I hope the title got your attention! This lecture by Barbara McPake gives a pretty sound overview of the issues. Perhaps you will be left thirsty for more information – in which case feel free to leave your questions and comments below.
- What is it about post-conflict health systems that makes them different from others?
- What’s the difference between post-conflict and fragile settings?
- Is fragility normal?
- For how long are you post-conflict?
- What does the literature say about financing and human resources for health in these settings?
- What are the challenges and opportunities for health systems research in post-conflict states?
Barbara has recently moved to The Nossal Institute for Global Health. We wish her luck!
Photo of nursing staff in Zimbabwe courtesy of the World Bank.